Gitcoin Program General Eligibility Policy
This policy is set and enforced by the PGF workstream of the GitcoinDAO and is ratified by the GitcoinDAO stewards. Projects must meet the following criteria:
- Verified Github (if applicable) and/or Twitter account
- A single grantee OR organization cannot apply to one or more program rounds with more than one grant.
- A single grant can only qualify for matching from one program Round pool during GG19.
- Project Update - If you are a returning grantee, you must provide an update on what work has been accomplished since the last grant round your project received funding from.
Additionally, the following are not permitted in Gitcoin-operated rounds:
- Hateful Content - No racist, sexist, or otherwise hateful speech, no discrimination
- Deceiving Users - Malicious content that could cause harm or unintended consequences to users
- Falsification - Any type of hacking to falsify a contribution is prohibited. No encouraging or enabling Sybil attacks or other forms of malicious manipulation of the grants platform or the Gitcoin community
- Fraud & Impersonation - Claiming to be a brand or person you are not. The Grant owner must be directly affiliated with the project, the funds must go to the project, and be used for the purposes stated in the Grant’s details
- Quid Pro Quo & Bribery - The Grant may not have any form of quid pro quo that has financial value (a scenario in which a user gets some additional unique benefit/award in return for their donation)
- Advertising - Using grants to showcase something you are selling like a token sale or NFT drop
- Well-capitalized projects - Not have significant external funding via venture capital, token launches, or NFT sales
- Grantees cannot be subject to sanctions, and funding cannot be used in violation of any applicable law, rules, or regulations (for example those addressing sanctions, financing of terrorism, and anti-money-laundering)
- Grantees can be eliminated from consideration in the round if they are found to be encouraging or enabling Sybil attacks or other forms of malicious manipulation of the grants platform or the Gitcoin community
Ethereum Core Infrastructure, Research, and Development Round Eligibility
Web3 Open Source Software Round Eligibility
Web3 Community & Education Round Eligibility